May 3, 2008

In Mississippi

So, right now Clint and I are in Mississippi so that Clint can have some experience working with a physical therapist here. We are living with Clint's parents and brother for the six weeks that we're here, and we are having a blast so far. I think that I'm finally getting used to the humidity!hee,hee.
The highlight of the day today was when Clint and I were at the mall. A sales associate at one store with a strong Southern accent was taking me back to the dressing rooms. "I just have to tell you that you have the cutest accent!" she said to me. "Where are you from?" I had to laugh as I told her that I was from Arizona, and I thought that she had a great accent. "Me... I don't have an accent!" she laughed and walked away. It was pretty funny - I never thought that I had an accent until I came to the South.

3 comments:

Chace & Rivka said...

ASHLEY!!! Congrats Chica! I'm so happy for you. Weird that the end is in sight for me too! Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. We can't wait to see ya back in P-town. And P.S. Wanna be work-out buddies? I need one!!! Love you guys!

Lindsay said...

Yeah! I didn't know you started a blog. I am so excited. Sounds like things are going well in Mississippi. I hope it continues to go well. Your blog is so cute!

Natalie said...

Hi, I don't know if you remember me but I am good friends with Lindsay Frost. I love your story about the accent. My husband and I are living in Arkansas and the very same thing happened to me.