May 4, 2009

Busted...Okay, not really

So, I just had to write about my experience being pulled over this morning. I woke up and drove Clint over to pick up the moving truck for our move to Mississippi. On my way back home, I noticed that a cop was following me pretty closely. I checked to make sure I was going the speed limit (I was), but I still looked back to see him turn his lights on. He pulled me over, and I was a little nervous because I figured that he knew our registration just expired and was going to ticket me. (Sidenote: Clint and I also knew our registration just expired, but we are selling our car tomorrow and our friends will have to pay for registration fees again no matter what). He told me that he was checking license plates today and it came up that our registration and insurance had just expired and asked for all the paperwork. When he got my driver's license, he said, "You know, you are one of the few people who actually takes a good driver's license picture." I thanked him and wanted to laugh at the thought of being photogenic, because at the moment I was wearing sweats, striped socks, and my hair was sticking out in all directions. Anyway, when I explained the registration situation the officer was super understanding. "Of course you don't want to pay an extra $150 to the government when you're going to sell it. They'll get their money from the new people who buy it. Have a nice day!" Yeah - no tickets today! I feel very blessed!
Oh - by the way, I realize that I haven't written in months and I have so much to catch up on. Don't worry - more posts to come...soon.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

so how many tickets have you gotten out of now??? We need the tally!!! :)

Lindsay said...

Lucky you! I guess cops in Utah are more understanding and nice because I couldn't see any cop here letting you off. That was a close one for sure. Good luck moving. I hope all goes as planned for you in Mississippi. Let me know the next time you are in AZ. We need to call and catch up.

JustLivingMYLife said...

hahah that is seriously hilarious! go you for gettin out of that one! good thing it was a nice cop as well.
I hope all goes well with your flight tonight! i look forward to seeing you!
by the way your pic at the top is super cute of you two! Love ya