May 29, 2009

Funny Mississippi Quotes of the Day

So, yesterday I was calling some businesses to find out about job openings. I had some pretty funny conversations, so I thought I would share a few.

1. I called a nursing home to ask about job openings. After she told me to come pick up an application, I asked for the business' address. She replied, "We are open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Come by anytime." I tried to ask her again, speaking more slowly and clearly. This time she replied, "The jobs we have available are for CNAs, receptionists, and custodial." I was trying hard not to laugh when I asked her where the business was located yet again, just for the heck of it. She did not disappoint me with her random answer. "You just come up to the front desk and we will give you an application." Finally, I asked her one final time. This time, she got it. "Oh, we are right by the airport." At that point, I thanked her and went to look up the address on Mapquest. But I was really tempted to ask her if she was a resident of the home or the receptionist - because she honestly didn't hear my question the first four times I asked! Ah, good times.

2. I called a business asking about job openings, and the receptionist replied, "How should I know? I just answer the phone!"

As Mom Asay says, "Only in Mississippi!"

By the way, I got a job offer yesterday as a receptionist for a nursing home that is close to here. I am very excited and grateful for the offer, despite the fact that it doesn't pay well. I will have to decide whether or not I accept it by Monday.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good Luck! Sometimes something is better then nothing. Hope it works out.

JustLivingMYLife said...

wow thats awesome!!! haha
that first lady just may have been a resident after all ;)

congrats on the job offer. hope you can make your decision easily. I still need to find a "paying" job soon.
you got a job offer so much faster than i did when i was there! thats awesome

Chace & Rivka said...

Congratulations! Nursing homes are awesome. I worked at one last summer and I would come home with a story to tell Chace every night! My favorite was when Ed ate a poker chip... Good luck with your big decision. Even if you take the job and don't love it, it's something. And you can always keep looking. We miss you two crazies.

Anonymous said...

That's really funny. Good luck with your new job.

The Webbs said...

Hey you guys! I found your blog--so cute, Im glad we know it so we can keep up on how you are doing! It was nice to see you at the reunion!!
-Andrea and Steve

Katie Jean said...

hey guys! hope everythings going well in mississippi! we miss you, but wish you all the best of luck with everything! dont forget about us:)