May 28, 2010

O' Canada!


One of the great things about being a Martial Arts Instructor is that you get to work with kids everyday! And sometimes there is just a jewel of a moment where they say the darndest, funniest stuff...

Part of the test for each student to advance to their next rank is an oral exam - they must answer specific questions about Taekwondo, its origin, their rank, instructors, etc... so I asked one of them last night, "Where does Taekwondo come from?" without a moments hesitation is Yelled, "CANADA sir!" ... I couldn't help myself, I giggled a little, and corrected him, "It's Korea." To which he immediately qualified, "I KNEW it started with a "C" sir!"

Korea may not, but Cute sure does - hence the story.

3 comments:

Kim said...

LOL... that is a really cute story :)

Lindsay said...

That is pretty funny. Hey Ashley, I haven't talked to you forever. I don't have your email to give you my new phone numbers, but I can call you this weekend if you are available. Sorry, we both have been super busy I'm sure. But, I would love to talk and catch up with you.

Jill T said...

That's a pretty good story guys. Good thing it's an oral and not a spelling test I guess. He may have gotten away with it.

It's been really good to talk to you guys lately, you guys are great friends. Hope your week goes well!

here's our blog too!
www.teamtobler.blogspot.com