Dec 26, 2010

Noel

Christmas in Arizona! 70 degrees... sunny... I can't imagine a nicer place to have the Christmas Holiday. We will post pictures soon - but words FIRST. This has been a great Christmas! We have been able to spend time with family, enjoy gifting to each other, sing, play games, watch movies, and NO WORK! I think it has been especially great for Ashley to prepare for the final Push (pun intended) of the Pregnancy.

Among the great gifts I received - a DVD that highlights Fatherly Examples from famous LDS celebrities and authorities. I am looking forward to watching that today. This pregnancy has got me thinking a lot about my priorities and preparing for the little man has definitely made me think about what it will take to be a great father!

Mostly, we have spent the time pondering our Great Father's example of love in gifting to us the atonement through his Son. What a sublime gift to have the opportunity to start over... to change... to become something, someone new! To know that while I will be an imperfect father, and a less than perfect example for my son, I can teach him about the atonement, and we can work toward perfection together - through repentance, faith, and obedience to the commandments of our Lord.

Looking forward to our anniversary (4 years! CRAZY!) on the 29th! (Same as Mom and Dad)

Pictures to follow! Merry Christmas Everyone!!

2 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

how long are you guys in AZ?? We live not too far from AShley's parents, on guadalupe and gilbert rd! call us if you have time to sneak away, we'd love to see you guys! -kris and megan wright 801.380.7390

Sara said...

YAY! I found your blog!!!